New Varieties Guidelines
- The new variety must have been
bred for 7 years and must now breed true.
- Ideally a club or group should be
- A minimum number of breeders must
be breeding the new variety 4-5
- A written standard with points
scale must be produced
- A display of the new variety
should be brought to a council meeting for the members to assess with all the permutation
of the bred, i.e. Crest/plainhead yellow/buff; also not just current year birds but the
stock which bred the current year birds on display. This would show that they breed true.
- The new variety must be different,
from any other variety currently recognised by the canary council.
- Unless all these guidelines are
met the new variety can not be accepted.
- Some varieties of current
recognised breeds will not be recognised either, i.e. a red scotch or colour fed border.